Black nail polish doesn’t always have to scream gothic. With the help of minor artistic attention and a dash of silver glitter polish, the black polish look can be an extremely glamorous and bold style.
This look features the ring finger nail fully coated in glitter and glitter tips on the remaining black polished fingers. In addition to the black and glitter polish, you will also need a bit of painter’s tape to measure the tips and ensure a neat look. Here’s how it’s done:
- Apply the base coat of black polish. It’s important to let this completely dry before moving on to the next step.
- Apply tape to the base of the fingers which will have both black and glitter.
- Paint the tips of these nails with glitter paint. The tape will allow you to keep the base portion its base color and a neat border between black and silver.
- Next paint your ringfinger nail completely in glitter paint. This full nail of glitter is the perky punch you need to push your nails from a something gloomy and dark and into a looks that’s classy.
- Apply a top coat and let them all dry.
- Flash you’re new style!
This is a look suitable for formal events or just to add a change to your regular winter or fall look. For other occasions and seasons, you can always change the base coat or substitute the glitter for another color.