You know the occasions, when pulling all your hair up is too formal or rigid, but letting it all fly free and down isn’t quite right either. You need a happy medium: a half-up do. This romantic half-up do is perfect for wedding occasions or proms–and it’s complete with lots of curls!
- First curl your hair and tease the roots,
- Then part your hair in the middle as well as parting and tying two vertical sections from the base of your head.
- Make a side ponytail (with a bump) with the middle section.
- Make a french twist with the bottom section and pin it into place.
- With the top section, pull your teased hair over your hair “bumpit.”
- Take the smaller side-section from the top part and pin it under your french twist.
- Wrap your hair ends around two fingers then pin the open ends of the curl down.
- Use the same technique for the rest of the hair on that side.
- On the other side, tease the roots, twist and pin.
- Add a few more two-finger curls to this side, too.
- Feel free to add extensions for a little volume or length.
I don’t know about you, but when it comes to trying new hairstyles, I like to see it done before I try it on myself. This is where videos come in handy. You can’t go wrong with this DIY video. Now it’s your turn to try!