Concealer. You and your blemishes know it well. At least you think you do. But concealer has a whole other secret life that you may not be aware of. Its name suggests it has but one talent, to conceal. But, in reality, there’s much more to concealer than its namesake, and it’s about time we go to know our favorite complexion companion a little better. Believe me, it does a lot more than battle dark circles and blemishes.
Getting to know a good concealer can also:
- Make eyebrows stand out. Just blend a thin layer in a line above and below the brows. This small layer will also brighten up the eyes.
- Lighten and even the nose. A thin smear around the nostrils, where redness and pesky or prominent vessels often lurk, should not be underestimated and can work wonders for your whole face. An even and brightened nose will improve the overall skin tone appearance.
- Reduce the appearance of aging around the mouth. A bit of concealer at the corners of the mouth will counter the inevitable sagging or drooping that comes with age. Just a dab can turn that frown upside down.
- Slim a prominent nose. A little concealer down the nose’s center and across bridge will not only lighten, but also slim the appearance of the nose.
- Keep raccoons at bay. Concealer focused on the underside and inner corners of the eyes, concealing only the bluish pigmented areas, instead of under the entire eye to make sure you don’t give yourself the essence of a racoon.
- Keep your chin redness free and illuminated. Blend a tiny half circle at the dimple of the chin to keep your face bright and glowing from top to tip.
Using these guides and the concealer makeup map tutorial will ensure you’re using your concealer to its fullest potential while also showing off yours.