Baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, is something that nearly every household has but too few households use to its full potential. Because baking soda is not just for absorbing smells in your refrigerator. In fact, there are many benefits of baking soda for beauty. For starters, it can be used as a:
- Teeth Whitener. Baking soda can be used as a natural bleach for teeth. Simply mix with water and salt and use as you would toothpaste. Some consider it too harsh and there is some debate on the frequency and amount per dose. So do your research before adding it to your regimen.
- Exfoliating Scrub. Baking soda can be mixed with water or vinegar (this article uses apple cider vinegar). It is considered a gentle scrub which also tightens pores.
- Hair Cleanser. You can use baking soda to remove chemical and product build-up in your strands. Simply add a bit of baking soda to your shampoo or in a vinegar mixture to return your hair to purity.
- Dry Shampoo. Don’t have time to wash your hair? Don’t worry and don’t spend a fortune on dry shampoo either. Just use baking soda. Merely pat some baking soda on your hair to absorb oiliness.
- Bath treatment. Baking Soda can be a sudsy and pacifying addition to your evening bath which leaves leaves your skin smooth and clean.
- Fungal remedy. When added to warm water, baking soda can treat fungal infections on your hands or feet.
- Body scrub. Baking soda can even be a full-body scrub. Just mix a tablespoon or two with water to make a scrubbing paste and scrub away!
- Nail therapy. Using a toothbrush with some baking soda on it to scrub your nails. It will scrub away dead skin for softer, cleaner cuticles, hands and nails.
And the article and list go on with even more benefits. So maybe it’s time to start considering baking soda a cost-effective, natural component of your beauty regiment.